Finlay Carson MSP is looking to recruit an enthusiastic, well organised and hard-working Parliamentary Assistant to join his team in Edinburgh.
- Responsibility for managing the member’s parliamentary diary
- Drafting and lodging parliamentary questions and motions
- Assisting with meetings, visits and tours
- Carry out research as directed by the member
- Drafting letters and correspondence
- Assisting with the drafting of speeches
- Drafting press releases and liaising with local media
- General admin tasks and other duties as required by the member
- Work closely with the constituency office
The successful candidate will have the following attributes/abilities:
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- A keen interest in politics and current affairs
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong research and IT skills
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party
Salary: £20,752 - £25,343 (dependent on experience)
Interviews will take place throughout the recruitment process and the post may be filled prior to the closing date.
If you would like any further information please call 0131 348 5890.